Second week of this workout as part of the SwoleFIT Strength Cycle Template. Increase the weights 5-10 lbs from last week.
Warmup– Started from the bottom, now we are lifting heavy weights.
Dynamic + Lower Body Power Accessory
- EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute) for 8 minutes, 3 explosive Pause Squats @ 50-60% 1RM
- Pause Squat = set the pins such that the bar will rest on them when you are at parallel. Pause for a second at the bottom of each squat, then explode upwards.
- Barbell Step-ups: 2 sets, 8-10 reps (use a fairly heavy weight here, goal is to improve power)
- Romanian Deadlift: 3 sets, 8-12 reps (heavy weight here as well)
Volume (Shoulders + Traps, 3-0-3 tempo, 3 seconds up, 3 seconds down for each lift, use lighter weights to maintain form, 60-90 seconds rest between sets)
- Seated Dumbbell Military Press– 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Barbell Shrugs– 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises– 2 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Reverse Fly’s– 2 sets of 8-10 reps
Ab Circuit- (2 rounds, 8-12 reps): Weighted Sit-Ups, Lying Leg Raise, Barbell Ab Rollers, Dumbbell Side Bends
Motivation- These guys from California Strength are both absurdly strong and hilarious.
This cycle looks like fun man.
I’m working on my third week of not being able to follow the training. Being older and getting injured is sucking. I’ve lost size in my swole arms and chest 😦
Good thing I can still sprint and kettlebell.
I can’t wait to have my elbow fully recover and get back to this.