Warmup- Stretch Armstrong
Dynamic- EMOM (Every Minute On the Minute) for 8 minutes- Flat Bench- 3 explosive reps @ 50-60% 1RM
Volume (3-0-3 tempo: 3 seconds down, 3 seconds up, 60-90 seconds b/t supersets)
- [Superset 1-Chest/Back] 4 sets, 6-8 reps
- [Superset 2- Chest/Back] 4 sets, 6-8 reps
- [Superset 3- Biceps/Triceps] 4 sets, 6-8 reps
- [Lower Back Accessory Work] – Hyperextensions, 3 sets 8-10 reps
Last week of the bodybuilding micro-cycle as part of the SwoleFIT strength template. Push yourself to the ultimate edge. Don’t let go. Never let go.
Motivation- Kali Muscle gets asked to leave Planet Fitness for being too swole. What an absurd commercial.
Second week of this workout as part of the SwoleFIT Strength Cycle Template. Increase the weights 5-10 lbs from last week.
Warmup– Started from the bottom, now we are lifting heavy weights.
Dynamic + Lower Body Power Accessory
- EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute) for 8 minutes, 3 explosive Pause Squats @ 50-60% 1RM
- Pause Squat = set the pins such that the bar will rest on them when you are at parallel. Pause for a second at the bottom of each squat, then explode upwards.
- Barbell Step-ups: 2 sets, 8-10 reps (use a fairly heavy weight here, goal is to improve power)
- Romanian Deadlift: 3 sets, 8-12 reps (heavy weight here as well)
Volume (Shoulders + Traps, 3-0-3 tempo, 3 seconds up, 3 seconds down for each lift, use lighter weights to maintain form, 60-90 seconds rest between sets)
- Seated Dumbbell Military Press– 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Barbell Shrugs– 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises– 2 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Reverse Fly’s– 2 sets of 8-10 reps
Ab Circuit- (2 rounds, 8-12 reps): Weighted Sit-Ups, Lying Leg Raise, Barbell Ab Rollers, Dumbbell Side Bends
Motivation- These guys from California Strength are both absurdly strong and hilarious.