- Back Squat
- 2-3 warmup sets @ 50-60% 1RM
- 5 sets of 3 @ ~85-90% 1RM
- 5 rounds- 10 Deadlifts (135#), 10 Hang Cleans (135#), 20 V-Situps, 20 Kettlebell/Dumbbell swings (45#)
- Recommended rest (b/t rounds): 60-90 seconds
Use the same weight (as appropriate to your strength level) for the deadlifts and power cleans. Deadlifts should be fast and relatively easy, but maintain good form and engage your muscles as if you were pulling heavy.
- This video montage showing some of history’s greatest recorded displays of strength should get your mind in the right place for Monday’s swole sesh:
Had to skip the HPC. My elbow is feeling pretty un-supple the past week.
I did this Rx and man, it broke me off. Good damn workout, oh wise SWOLEMASTER. The squat workout in the beginning just made the rest of it worse. One of my faves so far.
Jacob, good stuff man! This one was a doozy. I too just completed it and was a broken man afterwards as well. Needless to say, as i approached the final rounds and was grunting loudly in pain and anguish I drew some stares at the 24 hr fitness.