- EMOM for 7 minutes (Every Minute on the Minute)- 3 Box Squats @50-60% 1RM
- Make these reps EXPLOSIVE.
- Lower yourself in a slow and controlled manner, touch your butt to the box, then SHOOT UP like a rocket ship.
Volume- (rest 60-90 seconds b/t sets)
- [Superset 2- Legs/Traps] 4 sets, 8-12 reps
- [Superset 4- Abs] 3 sets, 8-12 reps
This will be the final week we do this particular volume workout so make it count! Push yourself to the limit here, and make those weights pretty heavy. If you’ve got some extra fuel left in the tank on the third set of each exercise, keep pumping it up until you’ve given all you can give. 12 reps? FEELS REAL GOOD.
- Prison is meant to be a place of social rehabilitation. Here’s a video of a prison powerlifting competition. It’s amazing that the simple act of moving around heavy objects can help re-direct the internal aggression of a lot of these inmates and really add a positive aspect to their lives.
- Here’s a couple awesome quotes from the video:
- “Right now I feel powerful, I feel positive, and I don’t feel that there’s anyone in this prison in any weight class who can outlift me on any given day.”
- “A year and a half ago, the rivalry between the whites and blacks… was pretty bad. And this time they’re rooting for each other. They want everybody to succeed.”