- Box Squat– 5 explosive sets of 3 reps @ 50-60% 1RM (make sure the box is low enough to where your hammies are parallel to the floor at the squat’s lowest point)
- Deadlifts– 3 explosive sets of 3 reps @ 50-60% 1RM
- 5 rounds- Clean and jerk (155#) x 5, 10 TTB (toes to bar), 20 DU (double unders)
- Prescribed Rest (b/t rounds)- 60 seconds
Sub lower weights as necessary. If you can’t do the TTB, sub hanging knee raises. If you can’t do the DU, sub 30 jumping jacks.
As you may notice, I always program my conditioning workouts for 5 rounds. Why? 5 rounds usually take about 8-15 minutes to complete, which is about the ideal duration for maintaining high intensity throughout. #broscience
Post times of conditioning workout to comments.
- Check out this compilation video from DeFranco’s gym in New Jersey. A lot of NFL prospects will train here for the combine. After a couple months of this stuff, their speed/strength is on a whole. ‘nother. level.
- The workouts in this video make me/look really hard.
Maybe I’m just being a pussy or I need to masturbate more, but the cleans and TTBs together are really tough on my forearms.
Also, not sure if you did this, but chalk up your hands before each round.