Attention everyone. I have an urgent, breaking news story. Starting this week will be a slightly modified SwoleFIT template so prepare yourself for MAX GAINZ. Emphasis will be placed on more consistent strength cycles for squat and bench press. Read about the dirty deets here.
Warmup– Uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, cinco, seis
- Back Squat: 8 sets of 3 @~80% 1RM
- First week of 4-week squat strength cycle, use the same weight for all working sets.
- Rest should be 60-90 seconds between sets. Choose a weight that you know you can hit (with a little pushing) for all sets.
- 5 rounds: 10 hang power snatch* (95#), 20 sit-ups, 10 push press (95#), 20 reverse lunges (10 each leg- quick/explosive reps, alternate legs, use bodyweight)
- *Sub hang power cleans for hang power snatches if you aren’t comfortable w/ form.
- Prescribed rest (b/t rounds): 60-90 seconds
Motivation- Inspirational speech + yoked bros throwing up ridiculous weight = Motivation for today:
Nice change up. Hit 305 for all Back Squats sets, with about 3 minutes rest between sets.
Conditioning lasted around 20 minutes total. Some of that time was due to sharing the bar.
Nice workout. I felt like taking a nap after this one!
The workout definitely kick my butt today man! I’ve never done power snatches before so just substituted power cleans this morning… was nervous to try them without someone to critique my form.
Any suggestions for learning the proper form for a power snatch other than just watching a ton of youtube videos? It seems like an exercise that could be dangerous if performed incorrectly.
Yeah that’s a good call man. Besides videos just having someone to critique your form there is the best thing.