- Flat Bench
- 3 warmup sets, 5 reps each @ 50% 1RM
- 5 working sets, 5 reps each @ 80% 1RM or 5 more lbs than last week
- Weighted Chin-ups– 5 sets of 5, heavy weight, but don’t go to absolute failure
- For both of these exercises, rest 3-4 minutes between working sets for full recovery.
- 5 rounds- 10 bent over two-dumbbell rows, 10 plyo pushups, 10 alternating dumbbell hammer curls, 25 wall jumps
- Prescribed rest: 30-60 seconds
“What is a wall jump?” you ask. A wall jump is where you get a 40-60 foot running start and hurl your body full force into any sort of wall (brick is preferred). This works on sprint speed and also develops toughness which is critical when life hands you lemons and you have to make Appletinis (anyone? anyone?).
Seriously though, just pick a spot on the wall a couple feet higher than your full extended reach and leap to that spot (face the wall though). Focus on the calves as the main muscle group worked; then you’ll get Killer Calves –> ( )( )
Post weights and times to comments.
- I’ve been working on prototypes of the first #SwoleFIT official tank; here’s a look at the current design: