- Sumo deadlift– work up to a 3 rep rest-pause* max.
- Rest-Pause = include 10-15 seconds (no more) of rest between each rep to make sure each pull invokes full muscle re-contraction.
- Here’s what I’ll do (3 reps each): 135#, 225#, 315#, 365#, 400#, 420#
- Rest between heavy sets should be at least 3 minutes.
Conditioning GODSWOD- “Zeus”
- 5 rounds- 5 reps Curtis P Complex (@~50% of your bodyweight), 20 sit-ups
- Prescribed rest (b/t rounds)- 60-90 seconds
This barbell complex (a series of consecutive movements done with a barbell) was recommended to me by a fellow SwoleFIT brother, and it’s going to be a doozy. Choose a weight where you can maintain perfect form on every rep.
The GODSWOD today is named for the most iconic god of them all: Zeus. Towering from his throne atop Mount Olympus, he hurls thunderbolts down to earth whenever people piss him off or he’s bored. This is an amazing feat of strength as these lightning bolts weigh approximately 450 lbs each.
Post weights and times to comments.
- Hulk Hogan once engaged Zeus in battle; here is the salvaged footage: