Our mission is simple. Our mission is clear. Eradicate the enemy threat by gaining as much muscle mass as possible in order to aesthetically enhance our local presence.
Week 3 (of 4 week cycle):
Warmup for all days: Joe DeFranco’s Limber 11. Work it, stretch it, do it.
Emphasis on strength days should be on pushing heavy ass weight with ample rest. Please use proper form, bros (see Youtube for a wealth of video resources on this subject).
Emphasis on hypertrophy days should be on moving the muscle through it’s full range of motion, using a weight that’s relatively “easy,” focusing very much on proper form, and feeling DAT PUMP while doing so.
Strength (3-5 minutes rest b/t sets):
- Squat Clean from Ground: 5×5, add 5-10 lbs to weight used last week (whatever you feel comfortable progressing with).
- Strict Press: 3×3, Add 5-10 lbs to weight used last week.
- 5 rounds- 15 Wall Ball Shots, 15 KBS (Kettlebell or Dumbbell Swings), 15 Sit-Ups
- Sub thrusters for wall balls if you don’t have a medicine ball. Use only the weight of the bar.
- Go unbroken for all reps during the rounds; really push yourself. Rest 30-60 seconds between rounds.
- Barbell Bench Press- 8 sets of 3 reps, EMOM, 50-60% 1RM
Hypertrophy/Endurance (60-90 seconds rest b/t sets):
- Dumbbell Bench Press- 4 x 8-12 w/ 60-80% 1RM, add 5 lbs to each dumbbell from last week
- Strict Pull-ups (use assistance machine or bands if necessary)- 4 x 8-12, decrease amount of assistance used from last week if possible
- Decline Barbell Bench Press- 4 x 12-15, add 5 lbs to weight used last week
- Bent Over Barbell Row- 4 x 12-15, add 5-10 lbs to weight used last week
- Superset– Standing Barbell Curl, Lying Barbell Tricep Extension– 3 x 12-15, add 5-10 lbs to weight used last week
Wednesday: Rest/Foam Roll/Yoga/Light-Moderate Cardio
- Box Squats- 8 sets of 3, EMOM, 50-60% 1RM, add 10 lbs to weight used last week, EXPLODE through every rep once your hip crease gets past parallel
Hypertrophy/Endurance (1-2 minutes rest b/t sets):
- Front Squat- 4 x 8-12, 60-80% 1RM, add 10 lbs to weight used last week
- Romanian Deadlifts- 3 x 8-12, add 10 lbs to weight used last week
- Upright Rows- 3 x 8-12, add 5-10 lbs to weight used last week
- Seated Dumbbell Military Press- 4 x 8-12, 60-80% 1RM, add 5 lbs to dumbbell weights used last week
- Conditioning/Finisher: 21-15-9 KBS (or Dumbbell Swings), TTB (i.e. Do 21 Kettlebell swings, then 21 Toes to Bar, then 15 of each, then 9 of each), use the same weight, try to decrease the time from last week
- Core: 3 x 60 second plank hold
Strength (3-5 minutes rest b/t sets):
- Close Grip Bench Press- 5×5, 70-80% 1RM, add 5 lbs to weight used last week
- Machine Row- 3×8, add 10 lbs to weight used last week
- Decline Bench Press- 3×3, add 5-10 lbs to weight used last week
- Weighted Pull-ups- 5×3, add 5-10 lbs to weight used last week
- 5 rounds- Row 250 meters, 10 burpees, 30-60 seconds rest
- Sub 15 reps of inverted rows if you don’t have a rower
- Same conditioning as last week. Consistency yields tangible results. Get it.
Saturday/Sunday: Rest/Foam Roll/Yoga/Light- Moderate Cardio
- Dom. Steroids. Watch and learn.
Good gains! Getting SWOLE! !
Your workouts are kicking my ass.
I assume Thursday’s workout is box squats and not front squats for power/speed.
Awesome man– yep box squats, changed it on the main page, thanks for catching that
I’m not sure if this is worth mentioning or not, but the 5X5 squat cleans are killer. It seems like a lot of central nervous system zapping volume. I know that in Starting Strength, it’s a 3X5. I don’t think I’d be able to keep up with squat cleans at a 5X5.
Noted Kenneth. Good feedback. I only plan on doing it for a 4-week cycle then switching the compound movement. I think if it were paired with heavy squats (as it is in starting strength) it would be a real concern. As always though, do what feels right for your body.