Warmup– Warm it up
- Back Squat: 10 sets of 2 @~85-90% 1RM– Add 10-20 lbs to weight used last week
- Second week of 4-week squat strength cycle, use the same weight for all working sets.
- Rest should be 60-90 seconds between sets.
- 5 rounds: 8 deadlift (135#), 8 hang power clean (135#), 8 push press (135#), 10 TTB
- Prescribed rest (b/t rounds): 60-90 seconds
Motivation- Dmitry Klokov from Russia does thrusters with 341 lbs like it’s nothing.
BS 10×2, 325 for all sets. Rest ended up being around 2 minutes per set. Not sure if I would’ve made it with less rest than that.
Conditioning-19:17, with 90 seconds rest between rounds. Grip started giving out in the final round!
Yeah, no harm in a little more rest for the strength. My grip started giving out as well today! Hit 315 for the first couple sets of squat then upped it to 325 for 6 sets then 330 for the remaining sets. 14:07 for the conditioning on my end.
What’s up, how’s it going? Just shared this post with a colleague we had a agreeable laugh.