- Clean and Jerk
- 3 sets of 3 @ 50% 1RM (warmup sets)
- 5 sets of 3 @ ~70% 1RM
- If this movement is new to you, use a very low weight and focus on technique. Power in this movement is derived primarily from hip explosion, so make sure you thrust with your pelvis (seriously) as the bar comes up and you come to the catch portion.
- 5 rounds- 8 sumo deadlift (225#), 20 reverse crunch, 8 dumbbell push press (45#), 25 DU
- Prescribed rest (b/t rounds): 60-90 seconds
Monday’s workouts are always some of the toughest: this one should get you in gear to dominate the week. Seriously, what in life can bring you down after you beast through a workout, push yourself to your limits, and get those muscles as swole as a schoolbus? Nothing, that’s what.
- Here’s a pretty sick highlight reel of some Olympic athletes competing. It’s pretty amazing to see how much weight these athletes can move despite their low bodyweight. Technique and explosiveness is what enables these athletes to do this; they are moving that bar with a good amount of velocity