- Deadlift– work up to a 3RM
- Here’s how I work up to a 3RM: 135 x 3, 225 x 3, 275 x 3, 325 x 3, 375 x 3, 405 x 3, 700* x 3
- Remember to take at least 3 minutes rest between heavy sets.
- 5 rounds- 8 push press (135#), 20 sit-ups, 10 kettlebell/dumbbell swings (45#), 12 box jumps
- Prescribed Rest (b/t rounds): 60-90 seconds
Choose weights appropriate to your strength level– you should NOT be going to failure, esp. during the early rounds, with the weight you choose.
Get your mind in the right place because today’s the day to hit that new deadlift 3 rep max. A lot of guys like to use smelling salts before their final attempt. I’m a big fan of beans.
Post weights and times to comments.
- If you want to feel alive, stop what you’re doing right now, and start doing this: