- Flat Bench
- 3 warmup sets, 3 reps each @ 50% 1RM
- 5 working sets, 3 reps each @ ~85% 1RM (add 5-10 lbs from last week)
- Pendlay Rows– 5 sets of 5, heavy weight, but don’t go to absolute failure
- For both of these exercises, rest at least 3 minutes between working sets.
- 5 rounds- 5 strict pull-ups, 10 HR (Hand Release) Push-ups, 15 curls (5 lower range of movement, 5 upper range of movement, 5 full range of movement– a la 21′s), 20 DU (Double Unders)
- Prescribed Rest (b/t rounds): 30-60 seconds
This week we’ll be hitting the bench hard again, this time lowering the rep count to three. Plan on increasing the weight from last week by at least 5 lbs. Or 10 lbs if you’re feeling frisky. Substitute jumping jacks for the DU if you don’t have a jump rope.
- This video is actually motivating as shit. Fire it up before entering the Sanctuary of Swole, and you’ll get that adrenaline going and the blood flowing down below the belt (if you namsayin).