- Flat bench- 8 sets of 3 EXPLOSIVE reps (50% of 1 rep max, 45 seconds b/t sets)
- For proper bench technique, watch this video.
- 5 rounds- 10 Clapping Push-ups, 5 strict pull-ups, 8 burpees , 10 olympic bar curls (65#)
- Prescribed Rest (b/t rounds): 45 seconds
For those of you wondering, yes those are curls integrated into this SWOD. There is absolutely no reason you can’t and shouldn’t include isolation movements in your circuit workouts. They still get your heart rate going in addition to the main benefit of giving your biceps a SICK PUMP.
Also, 50% of your 1 rep max is supposed to feel VERY LIGHT. You want to lower the bar in a controlled manner down to your chest then EXPLOOOODE up with all your force as fast as possible. This trains your fast twitch fibers which in turn will lead to long term strength gains. Think about it– when you max out, you are pushing as hard and fast as possible, even if the bar doesn’t move that fast. #broscience
Post times of conditioning workout to comments.
- Speaking of SICK PUMP, today’s motivation is a classic brought to you by the behemoth of bodybuilding himself, ARNOLD. Listen closely to what he says, and take it to heart as you move forward in your training. Nothing feels better than THE PUMP.
This is one of my favorite videos. I show this to my girl friend all the time like it is my staple motivation for working out. We usually are in tears haha. Gotta love Pumping Iron!
haha agreed man, whenever i wake up and don’t feel like getting out of bed, i just put on Pumping Iron, and I’m good to go