Legions of SwoleFIT brothers,
I hope that you are already feeling the gainz spread throughout your body. Like the pathetic skinny caterpillar, you are preparing to wrap yourself in a protein cocoon, and emerge, in mere weeks, as a majestic, disgustingly swole monarch butterfly. Except your lats are your wings. And with them you will be able to fly. So fly my brothers.
Week 2 we’ll continue to consistently hit the big lifts, changing up our Monday and Friday conditioning slightly to mix it up.
Week 2 (of 4 week cycle):
Warmup for all days: Joe DeFranco’s Limber 11. This warmup will make you nice and #LIMBA
Emphasis on strength days should be on pushing heavy ASS weight with ample rest. And remember, form comes first.
And, as always, emphasis on hypertrophy days should be on moving the muscle through it’s full range of motion, using a weight that’s relatively “easy,” and feeling DAT PUMP while doing so.
Strength (3-5 minutes rest b/t sets):
- Front Squat (Week 2 of 4 week cycle): 5×5, add 10 lbs to weight used last week
- Strict Press: 5×5, add 5 lbs to weight used last week
- Deadlift: 8 sets of 3 reps, EMOM (every minute on the minute). Choose a moderately heavy weight, 60-70% of 1RM
- 5 rounds- 8 Hang C&J (clean&jerk), 15 sit-ups, rest 30-60 seconds. Weight for C&J should be light enough that you can go unbroken with proper form for ALL rounds (aka much lighter than weight used last week).
- Ab Finisher: Plank Hold, 2 x 60 seconds
- Bench Press- 8 sets of 3 reps, EMOM, 50-60% 1RM, focus on EXPLODING through each rep, add 5 lbs to weight used last week
(60-90 seconds rest b/t sets, Add 5-10 lbs to all lifts from weight used last week):
- Bench Press- 4 x 8-12 w/ 60-80% 1RM
- Cable Lat Pulldown- 4 x 8-12
- Cable chest fly- 4 x 12-15
- Machine low row- 4 x 12-15
- Superset– Chin-ups, Tricep extensions (any form)- 3 x 8-12
Wednesday: Rest/Foam Roll/Yoga/Light-Moderate Cardio
- Max effort vertical jumps- 8 sets of 3, EMOM, channel the energy of Vince Carter from the year 2000
(1-2 minutes rest b/t sets, add 5-10 lbs to all lifts except KBS and TTB):
- Back Squat- 4×8, 60-80% 1RM
- Power Clean- 5×5, 60-80% 1RM
- Strict Press- 4×8, 60-80% 1RM
- KBS (Kettlebell swings) or Dumbbell Swings– 1 set x 50 reps, unbroken.
- Ab Circuit: 3 rounds- 10 Weighted Sit-ups, 10 TTB (Toes to Bar), 10 Ab Wheel Rolls, 15 Dumbbell Side Bends (each side)
Strength (3-5 minutes rest b/t sets):
- Bench Press- 5×5, 60-80% 1RM, add 5 lbs to weight used last week
- Dumbbell row- 3×8, add 5 lbs to weight used last week (for individual dumbbell)
- Swole Stage 1: For 8 minutes, 3 strict pull-ups (weighted if necessary), EMOM
- Swole Stage 2: 8 minutes EMOM- 10 burpees
- Burpees gon make you reaaal tired
Saturday/Sunday: Rest/Foam Roll/Yoga/Light- Moderate Cardio
- This freakbeast of a man should put you in your rightful place. Remember that you can get there… one day, one scoop, one rep at a time.
Nice! Thanks for the early post. Right on time for my Monday workout.
Sent from my brain
No worries Jahsh; swole never sleeps
FS 5×5 – 215
SP 5×5 – 140
DL 8×3 EMOM – 275
5 rounds, 8 hang C&J, 15 sit-ups
30-60 sec rest between sets
Mon- fs- 185(nursing a groine injury)
Conditioning- 95# – 10 min flat
Lat pd- 160
I can feel the Tom Hardy traps growing within already!
I think Thursday’s WOD broke my body! Specifically, my traps and upper back.
Back Squat- 4×8 – 225
Power Clean- 5×5 – 155
◾Strict Press- 4×8 – 135 for first two sets, 135 and 115 for third set, 115 fourth set
◾KBS (Kettlebell swings) or Dumbbell Swings- 1 set x 50 reps – 35 pounds
◾TTB (Toes to Bar)- 15-10-8
ran out of time to get through all of the TTB. still got my money’s worth today
Breaking you down just to BUILD YOU UP #TRAPZ
Power clean- 145
Conditioning- burpees killed me!!!!
Burpees will slowly break your soul. But you will be better for it brother