- Standard SwoleFIT Warmup
- Targeted Snatch Warmup
- Focus especially on shoulder mobility and hip mobility
- EMOM for 7 minutes (Every minute on the minute)- 3 power snatch @ 50-60% 1RM
- Today is a good day to work on snatch technique if you are new to the movement. Stick to a very light weight (I’m talking just the bar), and take a video of yourself to verify form.
- Keep in mind, snatch is an EXTREMELY DIFFICULT, extremely complex movement, probably the hardest weightlifting movement to master. Olympic weightlifters spend their entire lives trying to perfect this movement
Volume- (rest 60-90 seconds b/t sets)
- [Superset 4- Abs] 3 sets, 8-12 reps
Today’s workout is the same as last week’s, just lowered the reps. Increase weights by at least 5-10 lbs from last week. You should be getting stronger and bigger already if you’ve been keeping up with the workouts and eating well.
Here’s my 6 week progress pics (#DATINSTAGRAM). I’ve gone from 205 lbs to 197 lbs, but have maintained/added some muscle mass on my traps, chest, upper back, and arms. I’ll do a more comprehensive progress article in a few weeks.
It’s been pretty crazy so far to see the actual physical results I along with my friends have been getting from this program.
- CJ Fletcher’s nickname is the “strongest man you’ve never heard of.” He’s also batshit insane (in a good way), and this video should help you pull your head out of your ass and train like there’s no tomorrow:
As a corollary, I do believe there is such a thing as overtraining, which is why I’ve gone to such great lengths to devise this whole workout template. Regardless, this video still revs you up.