Brethren of swole, I’ll be taking some time off from posting new workouts, but have no fear, there’s still plenty of previous workouts to choose from:
Warmup- Stoke the embers
- Bench Press: Find your 1 rep max
- “10 down- Pullups, Burpees”
- 10 Pullups, 10 burpees, 9 pullups, 9 burpees, 8 pullups, 8 burpees, etc. …. 1 pullup, 1 burpee
- Rest as little as possible between rounds
Motivation- Document your results via the selfie. Aka the Swelfie. Dom shows you how.
Dynamic + Lower Body Power Accessory
- EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute) for 8 minutes, 3 explosive Pause Squats @ 50-60% 1RM
- Pause Squat = set the pins such that the bar will rest on them when you are at parallel. Pause for a second at the bottom of each squat, then explode upwards.
- Barbell Step-ups: 2 sets, 6-8 reps (use a fairly heavy weight here, goal is to improve power)
- Romanian Deadlift: 3 sets, 6-8 reps (heavy weight here as well)
Volume (Shoulders + Traps, 3-0-3 tempo, 3 seconds up, 3 seconds down for each lift, use lighter weights to maintain form, 60-90 seconds rest between sets)
- Seated Dumbbell Military Press- 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Standing Dumbbell Upright Row- 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises- 2 sets of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Reverse Fly’s- 2 sets of 6-8 reps
Motivation- You serious about taking your education to the next level? Apply to Hyphy University now.
Recovery- Take me down to the paradise city
Motivation- Ever wondered how to avoid back pain/ sit properly while cruising the skies? Kelly Starrett gives you the lowdown:
Warmup- Stretch Armstrong
Dynamic- EMOM (Every Minute On the Minute) for 8 minutes- Flat Bench- 3 explosive reps @ 50-60% 1RM
Volume (3-0-3 tempo: 3 seconds down, 3 seconds up, 60-90 seconds b/t supersets)
- [Superset 1-Chest/Back] 4 sets, 6-8 reps
- [Superset 2- Chest/Back] 4 sets, 6-8 reps
- [Superset 3- Biceps/Triceps] 4 sets, 6-8 reps
- [Lower Back Accessory Work] – Hyperextensions, 3 sets 8-10 reps
Last week of the bodybuilding micro-cycle as part of the SwoleFIT strength template. Push yourself to the ultimate edge. Don’t let go. Never let go.
Motivation- Kali Muscle gets asked to leave Planet Fitness for being too swole. What an absurd commercial.
Saturday (7.27.13)- Recover this.
Swole brethren, if you’re looking to take your knowledge on supplement effectiveness to the next level, check out this guide by Examine.com. Parse through the bro science and get to the real science. Essentially, what I’m trying to say is that creatine is legit.
Sunday (7.28.13)- Mind
The following mini-documentary chronicles the story of Scott, a man born with cerebral palsy, who chose not to let his condition define who he was as a person. His unshakable willpower and determination are a reminder to us all that we should be thankful for those gifts which we do have and we should seek to use those gifts to the best of our ability.